At number 1 this week is the 2018 updated copy of The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape.
At number 2 we have Becoming by Michelle Obama – the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations – and whose story inspires us to do the same.
At number 3 we have Guinness World Records 2019 – the ultimate snapshot of our world today.
At number 4 we have Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi, with 130 brand-new dishes that contain all the inventive elements and flavour combinations that Ottolenghi is loved for, but with minimal hassle for maximum joy.
At number 5 we have The Barefoot Investor for Families – aimed fairly and squarely at parents, grandparents, and basically anyone who read The Barefoot Investor and said: ‘Why the hell wasn’t I taught this years ago?’
At number 6 we have Jonathan Thurston’s autobiography, which follows Thurston’s journey from a Brisbane kid who was written off as too skinny, too slow and too wild to play professionally, to his debut with the Canterbury Bulldogs in 2003, to State of Origin star, to Dally M and Clive Churchill Medal winner, and the fairytale premierships.
At number 7 we have Dear Santa by Samuel Johnson – surprising, entertaining, wicked and witty, this little book of letters is the perfect gift for your favourite human.
At number 8 is the combined edition of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson, a no-nonsense guide on how to focus on the things that really matter.
At number 9 this week is Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales – a warm, candid and empathetic book about what happens when ordinary people, on ordinary days, are forced to suddenly find the resilience most of us don’t know we have.
At number 10 we have Mutiny on the Bounty by Peter FitzSimons. One of history’s truly great stories – a tale of human drama, intrigue and adventure of the highest order – and in the hands of Peter FitzSimons it comes to life as never before.
Check out our Top Ten Fiction List and Top Ten Children’s List. That’s it from us this week at Better Reading. Happy Reading!
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Giramondo Publishing)
- Becoming by Michelle Obama (Viking)
- Guinness World Records 2019 (Guinness World Records)
- Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi (Ebury Press)
- The Barefoot Investor for Families by Scott Pape (HarperCollins)
- Johnathan Thurston by Johnathan Thurston & James Phelps (HarperCollins)
- Dear Santa by Samuel Johnson (Hachette)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson (Macmillan)
- Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales (Hamish Hamilton)
- Mutiny on the Bounty by Peter FitzSimons (Hachette)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 08/12/18