Scott Pape’s The Barefoot Investor remains in Number 1 on the list still – offering erudite financial guidance for all walks of life.
At Number 2 is The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, a no-nonsense guidance on how to focus on the things that really matter.
The Busy Mum’s Guide to Weight Loss is every time-scarce mum’s new bible. For tips and tricks on health, wellbeing, and how to fit these things into your hectic schedule, check out Rhian Allen’s new book.
Barry Du Bois and Miguel Maestre have teamed up to bring us Life Force, where they share an incredible story that is heart-breaking and life-affirming in equal measures.
Globally famous psychologist Jordan B. Peterson has dished out his best advice in his new self-help book, 12 Rules for Life.
Monash’s Masterpiece is Peter FitzSimons latest return to the shelves, examining the life and times of John Monash.
At Number 7 this week is the CSIRO Low Carb cookbook, based on a major scientific study that has successfully helped Australians lose weight and improve their overall health.
One of Australia’s favourite and most multi-talented entertainers, Kitty Flanagan, provides hilarious and honest life advice in this candid collection of cautionary tales. Check out Bridge Burning and Other Hobbies at Number 8.
Few books have stayed in the hearts and minds of parents everywhere as much as Raising Boys. Now in an increasingly complicated and nuanced world, Steve Biddulph has completely updated and revised his seminal work to include all the latest international information and advice for parents on all the key issues of today
As an adult, trained in the social sciences, Johann Hari began to investigate his own depression and how it has been shaped by the world. In Lost Connections, he explains that almost everything we have been told about depression and anxiety is wrong. Number 10.
Check out our Top Ten Fiction List and Top Ten Children’s List. That’s it from us this week at Better Reading. Happy Reading!
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Wrightbooks)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (Macmillan)
- The Busy Mum’s Guide to Weight Loss by Rhian Allen (Plum)
- Life Force by Barry Du Bois and Miguel Maestre (Echo Publishing)
- 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson (Allen Lane)
- Monash’s Masterpiece by Peter FitzSimons (Hachette)
- CSIRO Low-Carb Every Day by Grant Brinkworth & Dr. Pennie Taylor (MacMillan)
- Bridge Burning and Other Hobbies by Kitty Flanagan (Allen & Unwin)
- Raising Boys in the Twenty-First Century by Steve Biddulph (Finch Publishing)
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari (Bloomsbury)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 12/5/18