Despite a succession of amazing non-fiction new release titles, The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape has held the Number 1 spot on the Non-Fiction Top Ten List, proving his financial advice to be invaluable and unmissable. Likewise, The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet has stayed at Number 2 for over a month, and is a well-researched account of how the low-carb diet can help manage lifestyle-induced metabolic diseases, including unhealthy weight gain and type 2 diabetes.
Although she’s known for her diet and nutritional guidance, Sarah Wilson has released a self-help/motivation title First, We Make the Beast Beautiful, which helps navigate the precarious road of anxiety, and comes in this week at Number 3. Another self help title that should be familiar to most by now is The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, providing no-nonsense guidance on how to focus on the things that really matter.
At last, inspirational Australian Turia Pitt has released her memoir Unmasked, which explores how her life has changed since her horrifying, life-changing ordeal in the Australian desert. Coming in at Number 5 is another uplifting memoir, Saroo Brierley’s Lion: A Long Way Home, which has enjoyed massive success ever since the film-tie in’s release.
David Marr’s timely quarterly essay White Queen investigates the resurgence of Pauline Hanson into the Australian political sphere, examining the peculiar power of the fearful in our nation.
Steve Biddulph is a household name when it comes to family guidance, and in his latest 10 Things Girls Need Most he furthers many of the ideas expressed in his other works about how to raise daughters. It comes in at Number 10 this week. Madonna King’s Being 14 also addresses methods and strategies to help young girls develop into awesome women, at Number 9 this week.
That’s it from us this week at Better Reading. Happy Reading!
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Wrightbooks)
- The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet by Grant Brickworth & Dr Pennie Taylor (Macmillan)
- First, We Make the Beast Beautiful: A New Story About Anxiety by Sarah Wilson (Macmillan)
- Unmasked by Turia Pitt (Ebury Australia)
- Lion: A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley (Penguin)
- Gut by Giulia Enders (Scribe)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (Macmillan)
- White Queen by David Marr (Quarterly Essay)
- Being 14 by Madonna King (Hachette)
- 10 Things Girls Need Most by Steve Biddulph (Finch)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 08/4/17