The dark horse of 2017 bestsellers has been Scott Pape’s The Barefoor Investor, which advises how to manage your personal finance and has proven itself essential reading by holding the Number 1 place in the Non-Fiction charts for weeks. Likewise, Saroo Brierley’s memoir Lion: A Long Way Home is a triumphant of the human spirit’s ability to overcome adversity and rightfully remains at Number 2.
If health and well-being are on your mind then pick up a copy of Kayla Itsines’ The Bikini Body: 28 Day Healthy Eating and Lifestyle Guide or Living the Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel at Number 3 and 4 respectively. In addition, longtime adored family chef Jamie Oliver makes an appearance at Number 5 with his cookbook Super Food Family Classics, offering a range of wonderful nutritional and delicious recipes. Furthermore, Dr Michael Mosley provides some sage dietary advice in his book The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet, coming in at Number 10 this week.
Some new faces and welcomed returns in the rest of the list, with Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly appearing at Number 7, Clementine Ford’s Fight Like a Girl at Number 8, and Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run at Number 9.
And finally, if you’re looking for some cutthroat, down-to-earth motivational advice, then look no further than The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, Number 7 on the bestseller list.
Check out the weekly bestselling fiction list and bestselling children’s list on Better Reading.
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Wrightbooks)
- Lion: A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley (Penguin)
- The Bikini Body: 28 Day Healthy Eating and Lifestyle Guide by Kayla Itsines (Macmillan)
- Living the Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel (Macmillan)
- Super Food Family Classics by Jaime Oliver (Michael Joseph)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (Pan)
- Hidden Figures (Film Tie-In) by Margot Lee Shetterly (William Collins)
- Fight Like A Girl by Clementine Ford (Allen & Unwin)
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen (Simon & Schuster)
- The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet by Dr Michael Mosley (Simon & Schuster)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 11/2/17