Some lovely biographies and memoirs populate this week’s Top Ten Non-Fiction List, with Grantlee Kieza’s Mrs Kelly, which tells the ferocious story of Ned Kelly’s mother, at Number 7, alongside familiar film tie-ins Lion by Saroo Brierley and Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterley.
Self-improvement enthusiasts will be gladdened to see a range of offerings, too. At the top of the list is The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet by Grant Brinkworth and Dr Pennie Taylor, which is complemented by other takes of dieting and health, such as Giulia Enders’ Gut at Number 6, and The Bikini Body 28-Day Healthy Eating and Lifestyle Guide by Kayla Itsines at Number 10. For your motivational needs check out Mark Manson’s no-nonsense book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck at Number 8. Alternatively, Sarah Wilson turns her attention to the debilitating strength of anxiety (and how to overcome it) in First, We Make the Beast Beautiful.
For some financial guidance, admittedly of different nature, we have The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape and also The $50 Weekly Shop by Jody Allen.
That’s it from us this week at Better Reading. Happy Reading!
- The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet by Grant Brickworth & Dr Pennie Taylor (Macmillan)
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Wrightbooks)
- First, We Make the Beast Beautiful: A New Story About Anxiety by Sarah Wilson (Macmillan)
- Lion: A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley (Penguin)
- Gut: the Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Underrated Organ by Giulia Enders (Scribe)
- The $50 Weekly Shop by Jody Allen (Michael Joseph)
- Mrs Kelly by Grantlee Kieza (ABC Books)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (Macmillan)
- Hidden Figures (film tie-in) by Margot Lee Shetterly (William Collins)
- The Bikini Body: 28 Day Healthy Eating and Lifestyle Guide by Kayla Itsines (Macmillan)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 11/3/17