Better Reading Kids brings you the Top 10 bestselling children’s book list every Monday morning.
Heading the list is newest story from Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, Zombie’s Birthday Apocalypse by Zack Zombie.It’s Halloween and it’s Zack the Zombie’s Birthday! But there’s a Zombie Apocalypse happening that is threatening to end Minecraft as we know it and it just might totally ruin Zack’s 13th Birthday Party too! Will Zack and his friends be able to stop the Zombie Apocalypse so that they can finally enjoy some cake and cookies at Zack’s Birthday Bash? Ages 8+.
At Number 2 is The Very Sleepy Bear – it’s winter, and it’s time to hibernate! This picture book by beloved author Nick Bland is perfect for ages 2+.
At Number 3 this week is from beloved David Walliams, The World’s Worst Children 2. Ten more stories about a brand new gang of hilariously horrible kids, this will definitely make kids laugh out loud. Ages 7+.
Also we have two Harry Potter titles at Number 4 and 10 respectively: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child and the very first in the saga, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
This week at Number 4 is Funny Kid for President by Matt Stanton! Max is the class clown, and this time, he’s running for class president. Filled with hijinks and jokes, Funny Kid for President is sure to make kids ages 8+ laugh out loud.
Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey comes in at Number 6, telling the story of Thelma quickly rising to fame, but does she really want all the attention? Or would she be happier as her old self again?
Twice on the list at Number 6 and Number 9 is the new Game Day! series from Patty Mills and Jared Thomas. Following young Indigenous Danny on the basketball courts, he expects it’ll come easily to him like everyone in his family. He soon realises it’s a lot more work than he thought… Ages 6+.
Patty hits the courts / paqtqty and the game day
Another Diary of a Minecraft Zombie is out at Number 7! Zack Zombie’s survived a crazy summer, and now he’s back to Scare School – but things are about to get even crazier. Ages 8+.
Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey comes in at Number 7, telling the story of Thelma quickly rising to fame, but does she really want all the attention? Or would she be happier as her old self again?
You can also check out the weekly top 10 bestselling fiction list and top 10 bestselling non-fiction list on Better Reading.
- Diary of a Minecraft Zombie #9: Zombie’s Birthday Apocalypse by Zack Zombie (Scholastic)
- The Very Sleepy Bear by Nick Bland (Scholastic)
- The World’s Worst Children 2 by David Walliams (HarperCollins)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition) by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne (Hachette)
- Funny Kid for President by Matt Stanton (ABC Books)
- Patty Hits The Court by Patty Mills & Jared Thomas (Allen & Unwin)
- Thelma the Unicorn with Unicorn Horn by Aaron Blabey (Koala Book Company)
- Really Weird!: WeirDo by Anh Do (Scholastic)
- Patty and the Shadows by Patty Mills & Jared Thomas (Allen & Unwin)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling (Bloomsbury)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 29/07/17