We pride ourselves with picking trends in reading, and that’s why we’re enthralled to see so many of our favourite, recently reviewed Aussie fiction writers in the Top 10 Bestselling Fiction list.
A secret wife. A secret life. A killer who knows. The new bestseller The Other Wife will keep you on the edge of your seat until its shocking climax, by multi-million-copy selling author Michael Robotham.
At number 2 we have The Nowhere Child by Christian White, a combustible tale of trauma, cult, conspiracy and memory, and the remarkable debut of an exhilarating new Australian talent.
James Patterson and ex-President Bill Clinton’s collaborative novel, The President is Missing, slides down to number three this week. This exciting new release has been dubbed “the novel only a president could write.”
Special mention must be made to Number 4 and 6, both Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman and The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. Each is a remarkably different novel, except for the fact that they hold special places in our heart.
At number 5, Liz Byrski has written a beautiful novel about the joy and comfort reading a good book can bring to us all in A Month of Sundays.
Stephen King’s new release has, without surprise, remained on our charts. The Outsider is a twisting tale of duality; and as horrifying answers begin to emerge in the book, so King’s propulsive story of almost unbearable suspense kicks into high gear.
International bestseller Nora Roberts’ new book, Shelter in Place is Number 7 on our list this week. This novel is full of suspense, passion and transformation.
Finally, at number ten we have The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. One evening, a frenzied scream rips across the silence, and Anna witnesses something no one was supposed to see. Now she must do everything she can to uncover the truth about what really happened.
Still want more to read? You can also check out the weekly top 10 bestselling non-fiction list and the top 10 bestselling children’s books list on Better Reading.
- The Other Wife by Michael Robotham (Hachette)
- The Nowhere Child by Christian White (Affirm Press)
- The President is Missing by James Patterson and President Bill Clinton (Century)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (HarperCollins)
- A Month of Sundays by Liz Byrski (Pan Macmillan)
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris (Echo Publishing)
- The Outsider by Stephen King (Hachette)
- Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts (Hachette)
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton (HarperCollins)
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (HarperCollins)
© Nielsen BookScan 2018 Week Ending 30/06/18. To stay up-to-date with book-related news subscribe here or like our Facebook page.