More Liane Moriarty insanity, with Big Little Lies at Number 1, and her other novels Truly Madly Guilty and The Husband’s Secret at Number 3 and Number 4 respectively – if you’ve not read anything by her yet, you’re in diminishing company! Don’t forget to check out The Fifth Letter by Nicola Moriarty (and in case you were wondering: yes, she is Liane’s sister) which examines the tensions of relationships, honesty, and loyalty.
At Number 6 this week is The Dry by Jane Harper, which has been a dark horse bestseller since publication. It’s her debut mystery thriller involving a desperate act in a small town with big secrets, and introduces another Australian crime writer to the scene.
A writer who needs no introduction, Danielle Steel’s latest Dangerous Games takes Number 2 spot and tells the story of a journalist who sets off to unearth a major political scandal in the White House. In addition, longtime storytelling companion James Patterson has provided us with a foray into the science-fiction dystopian world with Humans, Bow Down, the story of human survival in a post-apocalyptic world controlled by robots.
Finally, film tie-ins Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey and A Dog’s Purpose by Bruce Cameron sit at Number 9 and Number 8 respectively, reflecting the widespread acclaim of their filmic counterparts.
Still want more to read? You can also check out the weekly top 10 bestselling non-fiction list and the top 10 bestselling children’s books list on Better Reading.
- Big Little Lies (TV tie-in) by Liane Moriarty (Pan)
- Dangerous Games by Danielle Steel (Macmillan)
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty (Pan)
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty (Pan)
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Pan)
- The Dry by Jane Harper (Pan)
- The Fifth Letter by Nicola Moriarty (HarperCollins)
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvery (Allen & Unwin)
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron (Pan)
- Humans, Bow Down by James Patterson (Century)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 11/3/17 To stay up-to-date with book-related news subscribe here or like our Facebook page.