Better Reading Kids brings you the Top 10 bestselling children’s book list every Monday morning.
Ahn Do reserves to spots on the list this week, with WeirDo #10: Messy Weird, and Ninja Kid #1: Nerd to Ninja. The latter introduces us to Nelson, who’s gone from nerd to ninja overnight. When Nelson finds out he’s the last ninja on Earth, the shenanigans that ensue will make you cry with laughter!
Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton have a whopping 3 books on the charts this week! Terry’s Dumb Dot Story dives into the whacky world of imagination, within which we may find the clever Andy and Terry. This renowned book-writing duo has returned with some of their most bizzare stories yet, from the world’s most powerful whirlpool, to a penguin ice-skating rink, there’s nothing they haven’t thought of. Ages 7+.
Creator of the eternally popular Captain Underpants, Dav Pilkey is still in the top 10 this week. He has written the fourth volume in hilarious graphic novel series, Dog Man – Dog Man and Cat Kid. Has Dog Man finally found the perfect side kick? Ages 7+
With the release of the blockbuster film adaption, A Wrinkle in Time is back in the bestsellers over 30 years after it was published. An absolute modern classic, this sci-fi adventure story of a young girl on quest to rescue her father, who is lost in time is one of the greats – highly recommended!
The beloved Diary of a Minecraft Zombie returns with book number 14, Cloudy with a Chance of Apocalypse. Will Zombie be able to stop his sudden mutation? Can he save his town from being destroyed? Will everything ever go back to normal?! Ages 7+.
Recent teen flick Love, Simon has created a huge amount of buzz for the original book it was based on, Simon vs. the Homosapien Agenda. The book is one of the first of it’s kind, a coming-of-age, coming out story for kids big and small.
Jeff Kinney’s newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, The Getaway, continues to prove popular, holding steady at Number 10 on the list. The book is a mainstay on this Top 10, and it’s easy to see why. Kinney’s whacky world of wedgies and crushes is one every kid can see themselves in. Ages 8+
You can also check out the weekly top 10 bestselling fiction list and top 10 bestselling non-fiction list on Better Reading.
- WeirDo #10: Messy Weird! by Ahn Do (Scholastic)
- Terry’s Dumb Dot Story: A Treehouse Tale by Andy Griffiths (Pan MacMillan)
- Ninja Kid #1 by Anh Do (Omnibus Books)
- The Adventures of Dog Man 4: Dog Man and Cat Kid by Dav Pilkey (Scholastic)
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle (Penguin Random House)
- Diary of a Minecraft Zombie: Cloudy with a Chance of Apocalypse #14 by Zack Zombie (Koala Book Company)
- The Treehouse Fun Book 3 by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton (Pan MacMillan)
- The 13-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths (Pan MacMillan)
- Simon vs. The Homosapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli (Penguin)
- The Getaway: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (Penguin)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 17/3/18