Books are best when they’re shared with the people we love. To get the most out of your picture book experience, ask each other these questions to deepen your understanding of the story. Not only will this give you another layer of insight as readers, but it’ll also encourage thoughtful questions and reflection for books in the future, whether that’s at home or in the classroom.
- How did you feel while reading Little Lion?
- Have you ever experienced being lost? What did you do?
- Find Ganesh Talai, India, on a map. Now search for Hobart, Tasmania on the map. What do you think are the differences between these two places?
- What do you think it would be like to go and live with another family in another country where you didn’t speak the language?
- What things did Mr and Mrs Brierley do to make Saroo feel welcome in their home?
- Which is your favourite picture in this book? Why?
- How do you think Saroo felt when he was meeting his mum again after so many years?