Chapter One: THE TOP 79 EXCUSES FOR BEING LATE TO SCHOOL
- I forgot where the classroom was.
- I forgot where the school was.
- I’m not late, I’m actually early for tomorrow.
- You usually just check the roll first thing in the morning. I’m here for learning, not regularities. Now that we’ve made that clear, hit me with your best lesson.
- Better late than never.
- The rooster next door didn’t go off. But I did learn this great chicken recipe from the neighbours last night – you’d love it!
- “On time”? I thought you said “one at a time”.
- The bus broke down. Yes, I know I walk to school but I had to stop and check it all out. You should have seen the smoke coming out of the engine!
- Daylight savings got me again. ……….