Puffinalia quiz: Celebrating 80 years of Puffin
Tap into your childhood with this fun quiz celebrating some of Puffin’s most beloved books and characters.
1. What do the initials stand for in The BFG by Roald Dahl?
A. Best Fed Gunk
B. Bad Freaky Giant
C. Big Friendly Giant
D. Big Feral Goat
2. On which day did the Very Hungry Caterpillar eat four strawberries?
3. Who Sank the Boat? is a children’s classic written by:
A. Pamela Anderson
B. Pamela Allen
C. Pam Ayres
D. Petunia Allbright
4. Which of the following is the odd one out?
A. Hairy Maclary
B. Hercules Morse
C. Schnitzel Von Krumm
D. Scarface Claw
5. Who wrote the words ‘Some pig’ and where?
A. A spider called Charlotte in her web
B. A pig called Peppa in the mud
C. An elephant called Marjory with some straw
D. A mouse called Max in his cheese
6. In the best-selling Diary of a Wimpy Kids series, what is the main character’s name:
A. Jeff Kinney
B. Greg Kinney
C. Jeff Heffley
D. Greg Heffley
7. This year, Spot, that mischievous puppy, is celebrating which birthday?
8. In the book Where is the Green Sheep? Which location is a sheep NOT found:
A. The cake shop
B. The moon
C. The bath
D. The train
9. Specky Magee is a series about which sport?
D. Rugby league
10. Who is Bluey and Bingo’s dad?
11. The Alice-Miranda series is written by which author:
A. Jackie Collins
B. Jacqueline Harvey
C. J. K. Rowling
D. P.J. Harvey
12. How many books will there be in the newly released What Zola Did series by Melina Marchetta?
- C 2. C 3. B 4. D (he’s a cat, the others are dogs) 5. A 6. D 7. C 8. A 9. C 10. B 11. B 12. C