At number 1 this week is the 2018 updated copy of The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape.
At number 2 we have Jonathan Thurston’s autobiography, which follows Thurston’s journey from a Brisbane kid who was written off as too skinny, too slow and too wild to play professionally, to his debut with the Canterbury Bulldogs in 2003, to State of Origin star, to Dally M and Clive Churchill Medal winner, and the fairytale premierships.
At number 3 we have The Barefoot Investor for Families – aimed fairly and squarely at parents, grandparents, and basically anyone who read The Barefoot Investor and said: ‘Why the hell wasn’t I taught this years ago?’
At number 4 this week is Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales – a warm, candid and empathetic book about what happens when ordinary people, on ordinary days, are forced to suddenly find the resilience most of us don’t know we have.
At number 5 is the combined edition of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson, a no-nonsense guide on how to focus on the things that really matter.
At number 6 we have Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi, with 130 brand-new dishes that contain all the inventive elements and flavour combinations that Ottolenghi is loved for, but with minimal hassle for maximum joy.
And finally at number 7 is Winx by Andrew Rule – Winx’s owners, her breeder, her trainer and her rider tell the real story behind the story of the world’s greatest racehorse.
At number 8 is No Spin by Shane Warne – a memoir that offers a compelling insight into how a boy from Black Rock changed the face of cricket forever.
At number 9 we have The Land Before Avocado by Richard Glover – a funny and frank look at the way Australia used to be – and just how far we have come.
At number 10 we have Guinness World Records 2019 – the ultimate snapshot of our world today.
Check out our Top Ten Fiction List and Top Ten Children’s List. That’s it from us this week at Better Reading. Happy Reading!
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Giramondo Publishing)
- Johnathon Thurston by Johnathon Thurston & James Phelps (HarperCollins)
- The Barefoot Investor for Families by Scott Pape (HarperCollins)
- Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales (Hamish Hamilton)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson (Macmillan)
- Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi (Ebury Press)
- Winx by Andrew Rule (Allen & Unwin)
- No Spin by Shane Warne (Ebury)
- The Land Before Avocado by Richard Glover (ABC Books)
- Guinness World Records 2019 (Guinness World Records)
© Nielsen BookScan 2017 Week Ending 03/10/18